Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch

We're having some unusual weather here in K-Town.  It was in the 60's today with a lot of rain, which for those of us who were here when the tornado came through in January of 2008, it can make you a little nervous.  You want to enjoy the break from the below zero temps from last week, but you keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Tomorrow it is supposed to be back down in the 30's and winter storm Magnus is coming our way.  It will be interesting to see if we get our first real snow storm of the winter or not! 

My friend over at Amnicon Studio posted the "Chats on the Farmhouse Porch" last week and I really found 
it intriguing.  I had to head over to Everyday Ruralty to check it out.  This was especially cool for me with being new to blogging and trying to find my voice, which just may be completely random, and that's ok with me.  Please check out both blogs and say hi!

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch 78
Questions
  1. Have you ever been on a boat? (Motor boat, sail boat, cruise ship, ark, or Good Ship Lollipop)
  2. Do you need an alarm to wake up in the morning, or do you wake up naturally? If you have an alarm, tell us what type.
  3. Have you ever had a yard sale?
  4. Do you like kitchen gadgets? What are some of your favorite?
  5. Do you read labels at the grocery store?
Answers
  1. I have been on quite a few different types of boats in my lifetime.  I grew up going out in small fishing boats with my family during our camping vacations.  I wasn't often allowed to drive them after I drove the boat in circles.  Dad wasn't very happy since it killed the engine.  :)  I've been on pontoon boats, a yacht, a catamaran and a cruise ship.  I'd love to take another cruise, by my hubby isn't too keen on the idea.  
  2. Oh I have to have my alarm.  I am sooo not a morning person and never have been.  Right now I have a CD alarm clock, but I use the loud, annoying beep to irritate me out of bed.  I love that I can set the length of the snooze time on my clock.  I keep it at 9 minutes so that I have to think a bit before I hit it.  Right now I know I can hit it twice before I get out of bed and still not be late.  A third time is pushing it just a little too far.  
  3. I have a garage sale at least once a year.  With two girls, we have A LOT of clothes.  So it's a good way to get rid of them and make a little money too.  We also use it to get rid of the junk that we haven't used and the toys that the girls have outgrown.  We try to have a purpose for the money.  Almost two years ago, we purchased a new outdoor conversation set.  This year, the money was used towards a dance studio for the girls in the basement.   
  4. I am a moderate gadget collector, though I tend to mostly forget I have them.  I like my choppers and various specialty utensils the most.  I'm not sure if it's considered a gadget or not, but my newest addition is a food processor.  I've been wanting one for quite a while and my hubby bought me this one for Christmas:  
        It's a Hamilton Beach 14 cup wide mouth food processor.  It's so very nice!  Making my pico de gallo has never been easier!
       5. I'm not much of a label reader.  It depends on the food and if I'm dieting at the time!






1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh at the thought of you driving a boat in circles. What a picture!

    ReplyDelete