Monday, January 21, 2013

My Daybook for January 21, 2013


Here is a little peek into my day today...

Outside my window...it's cold outside baby!  Right now it's 7 degrees, but feels like -11.  Plus we have lots of wind with gusts of up to 25 mph.  We did get a dusting of snow, but it's all blow away now.  Here is a picture of our courthouse from outside one of our office windows:

 
I am thinking...that I might need to limit my computer time.  I have this crick in my neck that I think is associated with the amount of time my right hand is on the mouse.  Please note that I said "thinking" about this.  The fact is that it won't probably happen.  I'm addicted to my computer. 
I am thankful...that I have a warm office to work in and a warm house to go home to today. 
In the kitchen...going to be making some stuffed spaghetti bread!  I love, love, love this recipe!  Isn't it purty??
 
I am wearing....work clothes: grey sweater with a black turtleneck underneath (cause it's cold if I haven't already mentioned that), black dress pants and black ankle boots.
I am creating...nothing right now.  I do want to get back to my knitting.  I have a washcloth on the needles and need to finish that up yet. 
I am going...to the library tonight.  I have a book due that I'm hoping they'll let me check out again.
I am wondering...when Squink, my youngest, will get over this cold.  She's had a head cold for about four days now.  She's ready to be done. 
I am reading..."A Woman of Substance"...still.  It's a biggie, but I hit a spot that was holding me back.  I've broken through that wall and am really enjoying it, but of course now it's due.  Hence the trip to the library tonight. 
I am hoping....to get to bed at a decent hour tonight.  I've been pushing my bedtime later and later since the holidays. 
I am looking forward to...snuggling. It's definitely snuggling weather!
I am learning....how to work with Blogger.  It's been a little frustrating. 
Around the house....Not too much going on this time of year in Wisconsin.  I am making lists though...
A favorite quote for today...this one is from Squink - "They put holes in your nose and THAT's why they're called nose holes."
One of my favorite things....my fuzzy lined sweatshirt.  It's a terrible color for me...cream...because I'm the queen of stains, but the warmth and comfort it gives make it worth it. 
A few plans for the rest of the week....just getting caught up on laundry, picking and delivering Girl Scout cookies and meal planning.  Nothing too exciting!

So there you have it!  How was your day?

1 comment:

  1. I still need to make some of that spaghetti bread. It looks so good. :-) It was SO cold out today. I did step out twice to start the truck. It did not want to start. My son spent the day coloring a map from Paper Mario: Stickers. I agree, it's perfect snuggling weather. Just a few more days and this month will be over and hopefully take the bitter cold with it.

    ReplyDelete